How Guests can leave reviews on Airbnb? – Guests can leave reviews on the Airbnb app or website. Airbnb guests can leave reviews on their mobile or desktop devices, after they’ve checked out of their stay. In order to submit a review, you need to be logged into your account when you check in and after checking out (if applicable).
How do I leave an Airbnb review?
Reviews for stays – Airbnb Help Center Suggestions will show after typing in the search input. Use the up and down arrows to review. Use enter to select. If the selection is a phrase, that phrase will be submitted to search. If the suggestion is a link, the browser will navigate to that page.
Reviews are critical to help build trust on Airbnb—they’re an important way for Hosts and guests to give each other feedback, and help our community make informed decisions and understand what to expect when making plans. We believe that a fair review system is one that respects and protects our community’s genuine feedback, and we have a number of safeguards in place to help build trust in our reviews system.
Hosts and guests can only leave reviews for stays that have been booked and paid for on Airbnb. Once a checkout is complete, Hosts and guests have 14 days to submit their review. Guests and Hosts can also leave a review for certain reservations that are canceled on or after the day of check-in (12:00 AM in the listing’s timezone).
- Both parties have submitted their reviews, or
- The 14-day period has ended—whichever comes first.
If a Host cancels a reservation before the day of check-in, the Host and guest won’t be able to leave a review for the stay. After your stay, Airbnb will send an email asking you to leave a review for your most recent Host or guest. Within the email, there will be a link that takes you directly to the Reviews page so you can share how your reservation went with other community members.
- Once you’re signed in to your Airbnb account, you’ll be able to find both written about you and by you on your public profile.
- If you’re a guest, another way to find your reviews is to go to your Profile > Account > Go to profile,
- If you’re a Host, you can go to Insights > Reviews,
Airbnb doesn’t moderate reviews before they’re published, and reviews are encouraged to be transparent. However, reviews do need to be honest and relate to a genuine reservation, and may be removed if they violate our, In short, this means that a review may be removed if:
- The review violates —for example, it includes private or confidential information, discriminatory, violent or threatening content
- The review is biased—for example, because the guest has been incentivised to leave a positive review in return for a free or discounted stay, or where there are signals that the reservation was made for the sole purpose of inflating a person’s overall rating
- The review is irrelevant to the author’s experience on Airbnb—for example, because it doesn’t contain firsthand information about the Host, guest, or stay that would help other community members make informed booking or hosting decisions
We also have a detection system that proactively looks for signs that a review may not relate to a genuine stay. If our system detects that a review is likely to be fake—for example, because it doesn’t relate to a genuine stay on Airbnb or because it relates to a stay that was solely made to inflate a person’s ratings—it’ll be removed.
- If you submit your review first, you may edit it anytime within the 14-day review period, up until the other party submits their review
- Once both reviews are submitted or the 14-day review period has ended—whichever comes first—both reviews are automatically published and no more changes can be made
- Both guest and Host reviews are posted at the same time and can’t be edited after they’re posted,(the other person can’t read your review and change their own as a result)
- You can’t request edits to a review written about you, except you may to request a change in the gender pronoun used to describe you in the review
You can post a public response to a review that someone has left for you within 30 days after the review was submitted (not published). Feel free to respond with more context or provide your own perspective, as long as you also follow our, You can’t remove a review written about you if you disagree with it, but you can to us if you think it violates our Reviews Policy.
These reviews will be removed if they violate our, and both guest and Host will be informed of this decision upon removal. You can remove a review you’ve written if it no longer reflects your genuine experience as a guest or Host. You can reach out to our with your request to remove a review you’ve authored.
If a reservation has more than one confirmed guest, the Host’s review is for the guest who made the reservation. This review will still appear on the profiles of all the other confirmed guests. Reviews are ranked by chronological order and by relevance, which may take into consideration factors such as the user’s language and search criteria.
How do I review a guest on Airbnb?
How To Review Your Guests – Once your guests’ checkout is complete, Airbnb will prompt you to write a review of your experience with the guests. You have 14 days to submit the review but you can edit it later. Your review will be posted once the guest submits their review or the 14 days are up.
When can an Airbnb host leave a review?
You have 14 days after checkout to write a review for a trip.
Can you leave a review on Airbnb without staying there?
Can I leave a review for my host if they canceled my reservation? – Airbnb Help Center Suggestions will show after typing in the search input. Use the up and down arrows to review. Use enter to select. If the selection is a phrase, that phrase will be submitted to search.
- If the suggestion is a link, the browser will navigate to that page.
- If the host cancels a stay before the day of check-in, you won’t have the option to leave a review.
- Instead, an automatic review will be added to their listing’s profile to indicate that they canceled the reservation.
- These reviews are one of the and can’t be removed.
If the host cancels a stay on or after the day of check-in (12:00 AM in the listing’s timezone), you will have the option to leave a review. If you choose to leave a review, be sure to follow our and only rate and comment on relevant experiences which you can personally speak to.