You can edit or delete your reviews in Your Profile. To edit a review:
Go to Your Profile, Choose the review you want to change in the Community activity section. Edit or delete your review, as required. You can also hide it by selecting Hide on my profile from the three-button overflow menu.
Can Amazon block you reviews?
Customers trust that they can shop with confidence on Amazon. Reviews provide a forum for sharing authentic feedback about products and services – positive or negative. Any attempt to manipulate reviews, including by directly or indirectly contributing false, misleading or inauthentic content, is strictly prohibited.
- We take the integrity of our reviews platform very seriously.
- If we determine that you have attempted to manipulate reviews or violated our guidelines in any other manner, we may immediately suspend or terminate your Amazon privileges, remove reviews, and delist related products.
- In addition, if we determine that an Amazon account has been used to engage in review manipulation, remittances and payments may be withheld or forfeited.
Misconduct may also violate state and federal laws, including the Federal Trade Commission Act, and can lead to legal action and civil and criminal penalties. We pursue lawsuits for reviews manipulation against dishonest sellers and manufacturers who attempt to purchase fraudulent reviews and the parties who provide and post those reviews.
These lawsuits have produced monetary judgments exceeding the annual revenue for such sellers and data allowing us to take additional enforcement actions against others. We suspend and ban the accounts of others who engage in review abuse or otherwise violate our guidelines. We will continue to remove reviews that violate our policies and pursue the sellers and manufacturers who create the demand for fraudulent reviews and the individuals and organizations who supply fraudulent reviews through all available means.
We encourage anyone who suspects that review manipulation is taking place or that our guidelines are being violated in any other manner to notify us. We will investigate the concern thoroughly and take any appropriate actions.
Did Amazon get rid of review comments?
How should brands pivot? – For the Bobsled project team, responding to product reviews with public comments fell under our brand management deliverables. The ultimate goal is to ensure that Bobsled clients control how their brand is being portrayed and perceived on the Amazon marketplace. In light of this new change, here’s how we recommend pivoting: Closer analysis of reviews posted by Amazon customers. Scrutinizing this content will allow you to identify new patterns and trends, which may indicate that updates to the product pages are necessary.
- It may be worthwhile setting up a regular reporting schedule e.g.
- Bi-weekly sweep of eye catching new product reviews every two weeks.
- Find ways to stuff your product pages with more useful info.
- Improving your product page content (e.g.
- Images, videos, A+ content or even an FAQ section in the description) could help avoid future negative customer experiences that may lead to negative reviews.
Improve your customer service game, Prevention is always better than a cure! Many customers will try to find a solution with you privately before they resort to posting a negative product review. In some instances the issue is outside of your control, but either way, doing everything in your power to help customers will go a long way in terms of preserving your brand’s reputation on Amazon.
Can Amazon sellers delete bad reviews?
Can A Seller Remove Negative Feedback? – No, Amazon sellers cannot directly remove negative feedback. They can only remove it by contacting Amazon or asking the customer to delete their feedback. Amazon will only remove negative reviews in the following circumstances: The feedback contains phrases that are typically regarded as vulgar or obscene.
Why do reviews on Amazon disappear?
Amazon thinks the reviews are fake – Amazon has spent decades building an unrivaled reputation and one of the biggest threats to this reputation comes in the form of fake reviews, A few things may trigger Amazon’s suspicions. If a review is a little vague or lacks detail, Amazon may wonder if it’s truly genuine.
- Likewise, if they see multiple reviews coming from the same IP addresses, they will view this activity as suspicious.
- Naturally, friends and family will be keen to help you succeed and they may go online to leave a review.
- But, vague reviews that read like the reviewer has not even used the product, will not do you any favors.
Amazon may take action to remove these reviews. And remember, Amazon’s decisions on this are final.
Why reviews are getting deleted?
Find why a review is missing – Missing reviews There are several reasons why reviews may be removed from the page. In most cases, missing reviews were removed for policy violations like spam or inappropriate content. We do not reinstate reviews that were removed for policy violations.
- These removal measures help make sure that reviews on Google properties are relevant, helpful, and trustworthy.
- Learn about prohibited and restricted content for reviews,
- Reviews can sometimes be removed from a Business Profile after a reinstatement.
- If you lost reviews when your profile was disabled or suspended and then reinstated, contact support for assistance,
Tip: If you set a future opening date for your business that hasn’t opened yet, any reviews left before it’s open to the public will be removed.
Can a buyer remove a negative review?Frequently asked questions about Feedback
- When should I leave Feedback?
- What should I consider before rating a seller’s performance?
- Why are buyers who receive unpaid item strikes allowed to leave Feedback?
- Why are sellers allowed to leave only positive Feedback for buyers?
- What should I do if I have a problem with a buyer?
- How do I protect myself from buyers who don’t follow eBay policies, and what is eBay doing to protect me?
- Now that Mutual Feedback Withdrawal no longer exists, is it still possible for buyers to change or withdraw their Feedback?
- I received unfair Feedback. Will you remove it?
- When should I leave Feedback? Buyers and sellers should leave Feedback within 60 days after the listing ends.
- Sellers are encouraged to leave Feedback as soon as payment is received (or has cleared). That will start the Feedback process off on a good note.
- Buyers should wait to leave Feedback for sellers until after they receive the item. If the item doesn’t arrive, the buyer should double-check the shipping time in the item description and contact the seller if the package is clearly late. If the seller sent a tracking number, the buyer should check with the carrier to see when the item should arrive. It’s important to take these steps before leaving Feedback.
- What should I consider before rating a seller’s performance? In general, here’s what you should be thinking about when leaving Feedback for a seller:
- Did you get what you were expecting, based on the item description?
- Was the item packaged appropriately (to prevent damage during shipping)?
- Did the seller ship the item within the timeframe indicated in the listing? (Remember that international shipments may be subject to additional delays.)
- Were the shipping and handling costs reasonable?
- If you communicated with the seller, were your questions or concerns addressed? Did the seller respond within a reasonable amount of time?
- Why are buyers who receive unpaid item strikes allowed to leave Feedback? Because we don’t know when a buyer has actually paid, buyers are allowed to continue using eBay as they normally would, and that includes leaving Feedback. However, eBay will remove any neutral or negative Feedback left by the buyer in any of these cases:
- The buyer doesn’t respond to the unpaid item process.
- The response indicates that the buyer isn’t following eBay guidelines (for example, the buyer ended up purchasing the item somewhere else).
- The buyer ends up getting suspended for the unpaid item or a different policy violation.
- Why are sellers allowed to leave only positive Feedback for buyers? Sellers used to be able to leave negative Feedback for buyers. Unfortunately, we found that when buyers had bad experiences with sellers, they were often reluctant to leave neutral or negative Feedback out of fear that the seller would retaliate by leaving negative Feedback for them. And when buyers did receive unfair negative Feedback, they usually decreased their shopping on eBay. Overall, it became clear that the fear of retaliatory negative Feedback made it more difficult for good sellers to distinguish themselves from not-so-good sellers, and made the Feedback system as a whole less reliable.
- What should I do if I have a problem with a buyer? If you experience a problem with a buyer please report it to us using the seller reporting hub and we’ll follow up.
- How do I protect myself from buyers who don’t follow eBay policies, and what is eBay doing to protect me? Specifying what types of buyers are allowed to purchase from you can be effective protection, so we encourage sellers to add buyer requirements to their listings. If you use Buy It Now, you can also require buyers to pay immediately using PayPal. eBay is proactively educating buyers and taking action in cases of Feedback abuse. We also provide enhanced Feedback protection for unpaid items. See what else eBay is doing to protect sellers,
- How that Mutual Feedback Withdrawal no longer exists, is it still possible for buyers to change or withdraw their Feedback? Yes. Buyers can revise Feedback they’ve left for sellers in the case of a mistake. Unlike Mutual Feedback Withdrawal, buyers will be able to change the actual comment itself, not just withdraw the rating.
- I received unfair Feedback. Will you remove it? eBay will remove Feedback ratings and comments in certain limited situations. Please see the Feedback Withdrawal and Removal page to review the guidelines for Feedback removal. If the Feedback you were left meets the guidelines, please report it to us,
Back to top Feedback basics Feedback tools
How do you turn a negative review into a positive?
6. Share Something of Value – Finally, the best way to soothe a disgruntled customer is to provide something of value. For example, if a customer had a bad experience at your hotel, you could offer a complimentary night’s stay or money off the next time they visited.
- Alternatively, if a customer has a problem with a product or service, you could offer money off, or a discount for future purchases.
- Providing something to your customers as a way of saying sorry for the inconvenience is the best way to turn a negative review into a positive review.
- It’s easy to say that you care about negative feedback.
A present is a way of showing you mean what you say. Moreover, it shows other customers that you take customer complaints seriously and always aim to provide the best service.
Can you ask a buyer to remove negative feedback on Amazon?
Frequently Asked Questions – Can I ask a customer to remove negative feedback on Amazon? No, that is against Amazon’s Terms of Service. If you believe the customer’s feedback violates Amazon’s communication guidelines, then you can reach out to Amazon’s customer support.
How do I remove buyer feedback?
4. When you get a legitimate negative review (and you will), act quickly, apologetically, and generously. – Maybe you forgot to put in the condition notes that the book you are selling has a lot of highlights and underlines on most of its pages and now your customer is upset that they didn’t get a clean copy of the book.
Perhaps you sent in a used music CD without testing it first, and your customer complains that the CD you sold them skips every 10 seconds. Sometimes when a buyer leaves you negative feedback, it’s deserved but that doesn’t mean that you’re stuck with it for life. While Seller Support probably won’t remove the feedback for you, the buyer can.
How to Remove 1 Star Amazon FBA Reviews in 2023!!
When you get a negative review and you are in the wrong, reach out to the buyer with a friendly email. In the email, tell them that you are very sorry for the mistake you have made. Communicate to them that you have learned from your errors and you appreciate them pointing out where you went wrong.
- Ask them if there is anything you can do to make things up to them.
- Tell them that customer satisfaction is very important to you and that you want to do anything you can to make things up to them.
- Even go so far as to offer them a $10 Amazon gift card to make up for their inconvenience.
- In this email, DO NOT request that they remove the feedback; this will come later.
Most likely, the buyer will accept the $10 gift card and your apology. A few days after you send them the gift card, send them another email that communicates, once again, that customer satisfaction is very important to you. Ask them again if there is anything else you can do for them.
Then, remind them that your feedback score is very important to you as a small seller on Amazon. Ask them, very politely, if they would consider removing the negative feedback only if they feel like you have made up for your error. Provide the buyer with a link or instructions to how they can easily remove (or update) your feedback score.
Most of the time, the seller will remove the feedback. NEVER (EVER!) connect the gift card with the removal of the negative feedback. Never even talk about them in the same sentence. It is against Amazon’s policy to offer gift cards in exchange for a feedback removal, so don’t even come close to making that connection in your email communications with the buyer.
What to do with negative reviews on Amazon?
How to deal with negative reviews on Amazon – At the end of the day, bad reviews are unavoidable. In a marketplace where your reputation is linked to your visibility and sales, it is important to learn from and respond to your customers. A customer can retroactively change their review, so effective communication is key to building your reputation as a super seller.
Respond to bad reviews
The first step to handling a bad review? Respond to it. Make sure you start with an apology and thank the reviewer for their honest feedback. Responding to negative reviews gives you an opportunity to clear the air and add additional information that could help future buyers.
Get in touch with your customer
One way to deal with negative reviews is to get more good reviews. However, it is easier said than done. Happy customers are not very likely to leave feedback, so a little nudge never hurts. Feedback is key to growing your business, so it’s only natural you want feedback from every buyer who has had a great experience.
- Communicating with a customer using Amazon’s Buyer-Seller Messaging Service can help you provide a personal touch.
- We recommend trying the ‘ 3-emails strategy ‘ when getting in touch with them.
- Start off by sending an email to your buyer after the product is delivered.
- Be brief and polite and enquire whether they are satisfied with the product.
Be careful not to spam them with emails. Email 1: Immediately after order placement. Subject: Thank you for your ** purchase! Body: Hello **, Thank you for purchasing **. This is the first of the three emails you will receive to ensure timely delivery. ** Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and we strive to offer high-quality products and services.
- If you have any issues with the delivery of our product, please feel free to reach out to us or contact Amazon customer service.
- Thank you for your purchase.Sincerely, Name and Designation Follow-up on your first email after a couple of days and ask them for feedback for the product.
- Do not ask for a positive review and do not offer any incentives for a positive review.
Amazon has strict policies when it comes to asking your customers for feedback, and violating these policies could lead to your account being suspended. Promotional and marketing messages are also prohibited on Amazon’s Buyer-Seller Messaging Service.
Subject: How is your ** working for you? Body: Hello **, This is the second of the three emails you will receive from us. We hope you have received ** in perfect condition. Your satisfaction is our number one concern. If you have any issues with the product or have questions about its features, please feel free to respond to this email and let us know your concerns.
You can also get in touch with Amazon customer service at ** We strive to ensure complete customer satisfaction and would love to know what you think about **. It’ll only take you 2 minutes! You can post your honest review here: ** Your valuable feedback will help customers in the future as well as help us improve our product and service.
- Sincerely, Name and Designation If you receive a positive review from the customer, follow up on the same email and ask them for seller feedback.
- Be brief, but let them know why seller feedback is important and how it can help other buyers in the future.
- Email 3: To be sent 10 days after the product is delivered Subject: Dedicated To Your Experience! Body: Hello **, We hope you’re having a blast and that you’re enjoying your new **.
This will be our last email to you regarding this purchase. We are always excited to hear from you. Your feedback is what helps us grow and take our service to the next level for future customers. So if you haven’t already left a review for your new **, you can post your feedback at **.
- It’ll only take you 2 minutes, and it’ll definitely make our day! If there are any issues with the product you can get in touch with us directly by responding to this email.
- You can also contact Amazon customer service if you have any other concerns.
- If you have already left us a review, please ignore this mail.
Thank you for your purchase and have a fantastic day! Sincerely, Name and designation As your business grows, personally sending messages to your customers becomes next to impossible. You can automate the process with SellerApp’s Amazon review request tool.
Contact Amazon to remove a review
A bad review can be your friend, but not all bad reviews are fair or useful. Amazon has strict guidelines for reviewers. If you feel like a negative review violates Amazon’s policies, you can get in touch with the e-commerce giant to have it removed. If the review uses obscene language or promotes a competitor’s product, you can report the review.