The simplest method is to change your first and last name on your Google account. You can remove the last name completely, change your first name to a nickname, or even change your name to ‘Anonymous.’
How do I hide Google reviews from others?
How to Delete a Google Review (that You Posted) – Anyone with a Google account can write reviews for places they’ve visited. These reviews appear on Google Maps as well as on the business’s Google listing. As a user, you won’t be able to add an anonymous review on Google.
Do Google reviews have to be public?
About public info – All reviews are public and anyone can find what you add. You’re unable to add an anonymous review. Here’s some more info others can find when you write a review:
- The name on your About me page,
- Other photos and videos you added to Google Maps, and the location info that’s attached,
- Reviews you wrote on Google Maps.
Tip: If you’re a Local Guide, you can get points when you add photos and videos to Google Maps. Learn how to provide high quality reviews and photos,
How do I use Google anonymous mode?
If you don’t want Google Chrome to remember your activity, you can browse the web privately in Incognito mode.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More New Incognito Window,
- A new window appears. In the top corner, check for the Incognito icon,
You can also use a keyboard shortcut to open an Incognito window:
- Windows, Linux, or Chrome OS: Press Ctrl + Shift + n,
- Mac: Press ⌘ + Shift + n,
You can switch between Incognito windows and regular Chrome windows. You’ll only browse in private when you’re using an Incognito window. You can also choose to block third-party cookies when you open a new Incognito window. Learn more about cookies,
Can you leave an anonymous Google?
Change Your Name on Google – The simplest method is to change your first and last name on your Google account. You can remove the last name completely, change your first name to a nickname, or even change your name to “Anonymous.” But there’s a very important caveat here.
- If you leave a review without your real name, the business you’re reviewing can flag it.
- If Google agrees that the review isn’t legitimate or violates its terms, the review will be removed.
- Another important fact is that even if you use the above method to change your Google profile name, Google will see your IP address.
So, this won’t make you fully anonymous.