How to Write a Steam Review – You can write a Steam review for any game that you’ve purchased on Steam. This is possible via the Steam store page for that game. You can use the Steam client or website to do this—the steps will be the same for both. To write a Steam review:
Open the Steam website or Steam client and sign in.Press the Store button on the menu at the top.Locate the game you want to review in the store. On the game’s store page, you’ll see a Write a review box below the splash image and information if you own the game.In the review box, write up your review. You can use markup formatting to help emphasize certain words—click the Formatting help link to help you do this.You can set your review to be made public for everyone to see or only visible to friends.
Select this from the Visibility drop-down menu.Select the language you’re using for your review from the Language drop-down menu.If you want to allow others to comment on your review, check the Allow Comments checkbox (or leave it unchecked).If you received the game for free, make sure to click the Check this box if you received this product for free checkbox.
Make sure to write in the box above if you were paid to write the review or have any other existing relationship with the game publisher or developer.Click Yes or No to tell others whether or not you recommend the game.Check your review to make sure that it doesn’t fall foul of Steam’s review guidelines.When you’re ready to publish, press the Post review button.
Your Steam review will usually appear immediately (or at least very quickly). Reviews will often receive a quick check by an automated bot system before it becomes publicly available. However, Steam reserves the right to further restrict or otherwise moderate reviews before they appear publicly.
When can I leave a Steam review?
Q. Do I need to have purchased a game in order to write a review of it? – A. Purchase is not required. You may write a review for any product in your Steam account. Whether you registered a Steam key obtained elsewhere, or played a free game, you will be able to write a review for that product. Your playtime in that game or time in that software title will appear next to your review.
Why can’t I write a review on Steam?
You have to have it. If you can’t see the button on the store page, it’s because you don’t meet the ‘actually own and play’ part. 5 minutes of playtime and ownership of the game. Thanks for the info.5min playtime was the problem. I play most games no more after I watched it online. 😀 Slight necro but I have 30 mins played in a game and can’t leave a review. You sure that’s the requirement? Slight necro but I have 30 mins played in a game and can’t leave a review. You sure that’s the requirement? 5 Minutes playtime, the game must be owned on the account and the game must have a storepage.
What you shouldn’t publish on Steam?
Steamworks Partner Program Welcome to Steam Direct! This new submission path is designed to provide a streamlined, transparent, and affordable route for new game developers from anywhere in the world to bring games to Steam. Below describes the steps necessary for becoming a part of the Steamworks Developer Program to distribute your game, VR experience, or video through Steam.
- Sign the digital paperwork. You’ll need the information as detailed below.
- Pay the app deposit fee with any supported Steam payment method as detailed below.
- Complete the paperwork with your bank and tax information as well as identity verification so that we know who we’ll be doing business with.
- Now you have access to Steamworks and can begin preparing your title for release. You’ll need to build your store page, upload your builds, configure any Steamworks features, and enter your desired pricing. We’ve worked hard to streamline our tools and document all the features and functionality available to you. Check out the for more details.
- Before your store page or game build can go live, there is a brief review process where we run your game, look at your store page, and check that it is configured correctly and running as expected and not doing anything harmful. This takes between 1-5 days.
- There are a couple of additional timing requirements before you can release your first few titles on Steam:
- A 30-day waiting period between when you paid the app fee and when you can release your game. This gives us time to review your information and confirm that we know who we’re doing business with.
- You’ll need to prepare your store page and put up a publicly-visible ‘coming soon’ page for at least two weeks. This will help you start building your audience of interested customers that can wishlist your game or participate in discussions. This also gives you the opportunity to practice how you talk about your product so that you can have the best presentation when you hit the ‘release’ button.
- Now you’re all set to release. The release controls are now in your hands and you can update whenever you want.
Information you should have handy: Payment information We’ll need accurate bank information, such as routing number, bank account number, and bank address so we know where to send payments from sales of your application. Note that the account holder name on your bank account must match the name of your legal identification described above.
If you are signing up as a company and don’t yet have a bank account established for your business, you will need to open one before you can proceed. Tax information You’ll be directed through a brief tax questionnaire to determine your tax status and withholding rate. The information you need in order to complete the questionnaire will depend on whether you are signing up as an individual or as a company, and where you or your company is located.
US citizens and corporations will need information similar to that found on, Citizens and corporations in a will need information similar to that found on, All required information is necessary to get you set up in Steamworks. Click for more details on tax withholding.
- Steam Direct Fee In order to get fully set up, you will need to pay a $100.00 USD fee for each product you wish to distribute on Steam (the “Steam Direct Fee”).
- You can pay this fee with any payment method supported by Steam in your region, except methods that use the Steam Wallet.
- This fee is not refundable, but will be recoupable in the payment made after your product has at least $1,000.00 USD Adjusted Gross Revenue for Steam Store and in-app purchases.
Payment of revenue from sales and repayment of fee may be withheld if deposit payment is charged-back, refunded, or otherwise identified as fraudulent. More information about the Steam Direct Fee can be found, Rules and guidelines We have a few guidelines about the content that can be distributed via Steam.
- Hate speech, i.e. speech that promotes hatred, violence or discrimination against groups of people based on ethnicity, religion, gender, age, disability or sexual orientation
- Sexually explicit images of real people
- Adult content that isn’t appropriately labeled and age-gated
- Libelous or defamatory statements
- Content you don’t own or have adequate rights to
- Content that violates the laws of any jurisdiction in which it will be available
- Content that is patently offensive or intended to shock or disgust viewers
- Content that exploits children in any way
- Applications that modify customer’s computers in unexpected or harmful ways, such as malware or viruses
- Applications that fraudulently attempts to gather sensitive information, such as Steam credentials or financial data (e.g. credit card information)
- Video content not directly related to a product that has shipped on Steam.
- Non-interactive 360 VR Videos
- Applications built on blockchain technology that issue or allow exchange of cryptocurrencies or NFTs.
- Accepted types of content
- We are primarily accepting games for distribution on Steam. Non-game software may be accepted for distribution if it fits into one of the following categories:
- Animation & Modeling
- Audio/Video Production
- Design & Illustration
- Photo Editing
- Educational & Tutorials
- Finance & Accounting
- Player Tools
- SteamVR Tools (Drivers, Overlays, Utilities)
Sign in to get started Click the button below to sign in with your Steam account and begin the Steam Direct sign-up process. : Steamworks Partner Program
Does reporting on Steam work?
Reports are reviewed and typically resolved within 24 hours of submission. You will receive a notification if action is taken. If you are Steam friends with the other player, you always have the option of ending that relationship.
Is Steam a good gaming platform?
Conclusion – Overall, Steam is an incredible gaming platform with a variety of features and benefits that make it a great way to play your favorite games online. With its easy-to-access library, available discounts and exclusive deals, and strong community features, Steam provides the ultimate gaming experience.
How do I find my Steam reviews?
Go to your profile and in the right hand column is a link ‘Reviews.’ Click on it.
How long do you have to play a game to write a review Steam?
Publishing on Steam – There are many advantages to publishing on Steam, and very few drawbacks. PC gamers stick to the platform for many reasons, and the opportunity to show your game to those one billion accounts is enticing. Here comes the difficult part: Steam has over 30,000 games, and more are released every day, so discoverability is getting increasingly difficult, especially for small developers.
Although many players aren’t interested in finding the next great indie game, the sheer numbers of players who are can make the payoff huge. You should always be careful with the content you publish. Even if it gets past the team that does the initial review, content that is forbidden on Steam could get your game shut down.
Be realistic and evaluate whether the price you pay for each application is worth it as there are many platforms where you can publish your game for free. Plan your time wisely. Steam takes about one month to review your game or application. Thus, you should start working on your store page as soon as you’ve paid the fee.
What is the waiting period on Steam?
Unverified payment methods will be subject to a 3 day waiting period before purchases can be made on the Community Market.
How many hours can you play a game on Steam before you can t return it?
Valve will, upon request via help.steampowered.com, issue a refund for any title that is requested within 14 days of purchase and has been played for less than 2 hours (this includes online, offline and shared library playtime).