Unless a review violates Etsy’s policies, it can’t be removed. We are prevented by laws in various markets from interfering with consumer opinion regarding the item or service received. If you think that a review might violate Etsy’s policies, you can report the review.
Can I change a review I left on Etsy?
You can edit your review any number of times during the 100 day review period. If a seller responds to your review, you can’t edit your review.
Why is there no option to leave a review on Etsy?
Why can’t I leave a review on Etsy? – If you’re unable to leave a review, it could be because you’re not a registered Etsy user, the review window isn’t open, or because there is a case open on the transaction. Etsy limits the ability to leave reviews so that the system isn’t abused, and so that customers who leave reviews are verified as actual buyers.
What happens when you report a review on Etsy?
After you report a review, Etsy’s team will determine whether it violates our policies. When Etsy’s investigation reveals that a review is in compliance with Etsy’s policies, no action will be taken. In other cases, Etsy will take appropriate action to remedy any issues with the review.
Can Etsy sellers delete reviews?
When is Etsy Unable to Remove a Review? – Etsy cannot remove a review that complies with its policies, even if the seller feels it’s unfair. Etsy can’t remove a review even if the tracking shows that the item was delivered. If the seller has already responded to the review – this locks it in.
How do I delete feedback left on seller?
Viewing and changing Feedback left for sellers Once you’ve left Feedback, you won’t be able to edit or delete it. If you’d like to add extra information to your original Feedback, you can leave a follow-up comment. If you’d like to change the negative or neutral Feedback you’ve left, you can ask the seller for a Feedback revision.
Can you ask customers to leave a review on Etsy?
Can you send emails or Etsy convos asking for reviews? – You can send an Etsy convo to ask for a review if the order has been delivered, and it’s not too long after the customer received it. There’s a 100-day window to leave a review, but waiting that long is going to seem weird to most people.
How do I leave a review on Etsy after 100 days?
Table of Contents – Some of the links in this article are affiliate links that will pay me a small commission if they’re used to purchase something. You can leave a review on Etsy for 100 days from the time that the review window opens. After the 100 days, you won’t be able to leave a review for that product, and if you have left a review, you won’t be able to edit the review that you left. Estimated review date on a new order.
- Sometimes Etsy uses the, which can be off by a few days in either direction.
- It’s possible that you’ll start getting reminders from Etsy about leaving a review before you get the item.
- If that happens, just wait to leave the review until the package gets to you and you have a chance to check out what you bought.
- On the other hand, you might receive the thing that you bought but not be able to leave a review yet.
- If THAT happens, just wait and come back in a few days to see if you’re able to review your purchase at that point.
- as soon as the review window opens, and recently it’s gotten to the point where people are getting so many messages it’s driving them crazy.
It’s very unlikely that you’ll forget to leave a review because of this, unless you don’t come to Etsy at all for three months following your purchase. And even then, they’ll probably send you emails about it.
- This is probably a good time to mention that it’s ETSY sending the messages, not the seller in most cases, so if it’s aggravating, please don’t take it out on us by giving us a bad review!
- They drive me crazy with messages when I buy something too, so it’s unavoidable at this point.
- For an article about how to leave a review on Etsy, click here:
Click to see the video The short answer is that you can’t leave a review for an Etsy purchase after 100 days. When the review window closes, that’s it, and you won’t be able to post a review at all. This is meant to prevent people from abusing the review system and altering reviews long after the fact.
- 100 days should be long enough as far as seeing whether you like the product, and to be able to give a good review.
- Some customers want to wait in order to see if the product they bought works out over time, but there has to be a cutoff!
- Most shop owners would probably say that 100 days is too long, so the length of the review period is never going to please everyone!
Etsy review Editing or deleting a review on Etsy has to be done during the 100-day review window. After that time passes, the review will be locked and you won’t be able to delete it, change anything, or add a photo or video to the review. Again, this is to prevent abuse of the review system.
If Etsy let people come back and change reviews without a time limit, it could get crazy, so the 100 days applies to everything as far as locking the review in. You also can’t delete a review after the 100-day review window has closed. At that point the review is locked. You MIGHT be able to have Etsy remove a review that you left in error by, but that’s not guaranteed to work.
Etsy has to comply with laws about altering online reviews, so they can’t delete reviews without a good reason, other wise they mgiht be violating FTC regulations. You should also be careful about deleting a review completely, because you might not be able to leave a new one. Just edit the original review if you want to change something, don’t delete it. If the seller responds to a review, it locks it in and it won’t be editable after that. Response to a review on Etsy I try to respond to all of my reviews, so they do get locked in when I do that. If the shop owner that you purchased from does the same thing, you won’t be able to change anything after posting the feedback. The other situations that could prevent a customer from leaving a review on Etsy include if they open a case against the seller, or if they checked out as a guest.
- When the case is closed, the review can be left as long as the 100 day review period is still active.
- The 100 days doesn’t stop when a customer opens a case, so if you do that right at the end of the review period and the time elapses before the case is resolved, you might not be able to review your purchase.
- The other thing that could happen is that you checked out as a guest, and then you want to leave a review but you can’t.
- In order to leave a review for that item, you can register an account with Etsy, then claim the order to have it linked to your new account.
- For a more in-depth article about that, click here:
: How Long Do I Have To Leave A Review On Etsy?