Edit or delete your review
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Maps app.
- Tap Contribute View your profile.
- Scroll and tap See all reviews.
- Next to the review you want to edit or delete, tap More.
- Select Edit review or Delete review and follow the on-screen steps.
Can you delete a Google review I made?
Report a review – You can’t contact someone who left an inappropriate review, but you can request that Google to remove it. Reviews are taken down if others label them as inaccurate or if they don’t comply with Google’s review policies,
- On your computer, open Google Maps,
- Find the review that violates Google’s review policies,
- Next to the review, click More Flag as inappropriate,
- Select the reason you want to report the review.
Was this helpful? How can we improve it?
How do I leave an anonymous Google review?
Change Your Name on Google – The simplest method is to change your first and last name on your Google account. You can remove the last name completely, change your first name to a nickname, or even change your name to “Anonymous.” But there’s a very important caveat here.
- If you leave a review without your real name, the business you’re reviewing can flag it.
- If Google agrees that the review isn’t legitimate or violates its terms, the review will be removed.
- Another important fact is that even if you use the above method to change your Google profile name, Google will see your IP address.
So, this won’t make you fully anonymous.
Can I turn off Google reviews for my business?
Google’s policy on turning off reviews – Google’s policy on turning off reviews is clear: businesses can’t turn off reviews, Reviews are an essential part of the Google Business Profile platform, as they help establish trust with potential customers and provide valuable feedback about products or services.
Can app owners delete Reviews?
Can developers delete reviews on the Play Store? – No. Developers cannot delete ratings and reviews on the Play Store. Developers can respond to the reviews or flag the review for violating Google’s Terms of Service from the Play Console.
Can you edit a Google review response?
How GMB Users Can Edit Google Review Responses – As a business owner, you might also have a need to edit review responses especially when inaccurate information or inappropriate content is published as a response. To make changes, GMB users will need to find the “edit” button that appears below the review response in question.
Do Google reviews ever expire?
Do Google Reviews Expire? – The upfront answer is that Google reviews do not expire, so any customer reviews you receive will remain posted online (unless you’re able to get them removed – more on this below). On any Google Business Profile found on Google, clicking on “Google reviews” or “View all Google Reviews” pulls up that business’s reviews, which can be continuously scrolled.
So all Google reviews for a business can be viewed publicly – no matter how old. Also, a business’s review listing on Google is automatically filtered by the “Most relevant” (but you can change the sort order by “Newest”, “Oldest”, etc). Google has not stated how relevancy is determined, but studies have found that date, length, locality, product/service specifics, and keywords may be deciding factors, as opposed to review likes, business owner replies, or whether the review is positive or negative.
So overall, customer reviews stay posted and are visible for all customers to see. When viewed, Google reviews are filtered by the “Most relevant”, but positive and negative feedback are not exclusive factors that determine relevance.
How many reports needed to delete Google review?
How long does it take for Google to remove a review? H ow long does it take for Google to remove a review? It can take several days for Google to remove a review that has been flagged as inappropriate. However, if Google doesn’t remove a review after you have flagged it, you can still take additional steps to get the review removed. Check out our guide on for more detailed, step-by-step instructions, including what to do if Google simply will not remove a negative review you think is inappropriate. Or keep reading here for the highlights.
- The key to removing a Google review is to show Google that the review violates,
- You begin that process by flagging a review for removal.
- How do I flag a Google review for removal? To flag a Google review for removal:
- Log into Google My Business
- Click “Reviews” to view your reviews
- Click the 3-dot menu for the review you want to remove
- Click “Flag as inappropriate”
How many flags does it take to remove a Google review? It only takes 1 flag to remove a Google review as long as you give Google enough evidence that the review violates Google’s policies. Google removes reviews based on whether they violate policy, not based on the number of times a review gets flagged as inappropriate.
- If Google still hasn’t removed the review a week or so after you’ve flagged it as inappropriate, escalate the matter to Google’s support team.
- Make sure you tell the support team the specific language in the review that violates a policy, and which specific policy it violates.
- This will significantly improve your chances of getting the Google review removed.
It may take Google support up to 24 hours to respond, so be patient. If Google’s support team refuses the remove the review, don’t despair. All is not lost. You still have a few options left. First, if you think the reviewer violated the law in some way (such as committing libel or copyright infringement) then you can still get the review removed if you engage a lawyer.
- Google is very good about removing any content that a judge has officially ruled against.
- Of course lawyers can get pretty expensive.
- So if you don’t want to pay for legal help, you still have one more arrow in your quiver: You can try to minimize the damage of the review by to it.
- First see if you can reach out to the customer to solve their problems.
Then after improving the customer’s experience, ask if they’ll update their review (presumably to a kinder, gentler review with an extra star or two added). If you can’t improve the customer’s experience, then your final fallback is to respond to the review in a way that shows all future customers how well you behave in a crisis.
Write a response that demonstrates that you’re sympathetic to your customers’ needs and that you go above and beyond to help your customers when they’re dissatisfied. You may not win over the reviewer, but you may win over dozens or even hundreds of future prospects who read your response to the reviewer.
The one last thing you can do to handle a negative review is to drown out bad reviews with good reviews. To do this, check out the chapter on the in our ultimate guide to Google reviews. Rising star reviews has the best for your business. Use our Free trial and manage your business reviews smoothly.