How To Answer Performance Review Questions?
Tips for answering questions during a performance review
- Use natural responses.
- Review yourself first.
- Know your achievements.
- Take a moment.
- Have solutions ready.
- Ask your own questions.
- Request a review summary.
- What is your proudest accomplishment from the past year?
What should I answer performance review?
2. What should I say in a performance review? – Answer: Three must say things during your performance review.
- Your achievements in clear numbers or substantiated facts.
- Your contribution to teamwork and participation in team activities
- Your initiatives are taken beyond the requirements of your job description.
How do you answer a performance review example?
‘ You are very punctual and have shown excellent work behaviors in every aspect of the job.’ ‘Shows a strong work ethic by consistently staying until all daily tasks are completed.’ ‘You consistently go above and beyond by exceeding your quarterly goals.’
What should you not write in a performance review?
Avoid using words like “always” and “never” in employee appraisals. Employees rarely “always” or “never” do something, whether it is positive or negative. Using extremes can leave you open to employees who want to argue and prove that they did what you accused them of “never” doing. However, the problem really was that they do not do it nearly enough. Instead, use phrases like “has a pattern of” or “seldom.”
What should I write for overall performance?
1. Be comprehensive. – When it comes to giving strong employee evaluations, managers should aim to give a holistic recap of their employees’ efforts. Comprehensive performance review comments should discuss more than just past performance. They should also touch on:
- Employee strengths and accomplishments
- Weaknesses and areas for improvement
- Employees’ short- and long-term career goals
- Opportunities for meaningful growth and development
To identify powerful examples and accomplishments to add color to review comments, managers can also ask themselves the following questions:
- What is the employee good at?
- How does the employee support other team members?
- What improvements have they made since starting/since their last review?
How do you crush a performance review?
Know Your Weaknesses – In every performance review, there’s always a question about weaknesses or areas for improvement. If you identified a weakness in last year’s review, what have you done to improve them? Be ready to tell your manager how you’ve improved over the past year and how you plan to address any issues going forward.
What comments should I write after a performance review?
To thank your reviewer in your response, you might begin by writing something like, ‘ thank you for the positive review’ or ‘I am very grateful for your kind words.’ This is a simple way to show that you’re thankful for the good feedback and for the time your reviewer spent evaluating your performance.
What are the attitude phrases for performance review?
‘ Cheerful attitude displays job satisfaction ‘ ‘Kind demeanor helps coworkers trust them and feel comfortable’ ‘Builds positive relationships with other members of their team’ ‘Consistently looks for the positives in any situation’