How do you review a business on Google? – First, log in to your Google account. Search on Google for the business you want to review. Click on the number of reviews that shows in blue text. Click write a review in the top right-hand corner.
Do you need a Google account to leave a review?
By clicking ‘create account’ you will bring up an alternative option, so you don’t have to actually make an account. Simply select ‘use my current email address instead’ and you’re ready to go.
Should I leave a bad review for a company?
Last Thoughts – I’m going to leave you with this thought. If you’re a business owner, you feel my pain. You probably know how easily a negative review can severely hurt your reputation. If you’re not a business owner and you’re listening to this, or even if you are a business owner, it is important to weigh the decision to leave a negative review before you make it.
Can people see your email when you leave a Google review?
The review doesn’t display your email ID. However, that will display only your profile name. Nevertheless, you have a choice to change the profile name through the accounts settings. Further, your DP (Display Picture or Profile Picture) is another means to know your identity.
Why is it important to leave a Google review?
Why Google reviews matter – As Google is the most used and trusted search engine, people pay attention to reviews on the platform. Google reviews are important because:
They raise the profile of your business online. People are more likely to visit your website or your business if they see good reviews. They are beneficial for search engine optimization. If Google sees that you have good reviews, your website will be ranked higher in search engine results because Google can see you are popular and offer customers a good experience. As a result, good reviews improve your relevance. Google’s algorithm is dedicated to giving searchers the most relevant results, so having good reviews will improve your ranking. The star rating based on your average rating appears under your company name in your Google Business Profile. If you have 4 or 5 stars, this will result in more people clicking on your business listing. They allow you to receive essential feedback on your company. Feedback from customers helps you understand how your business is perceived by others and pinpoint areas for improvement. Good reviews improve brand trust. People trust Google, so they trust reviews found on your Google Business Profile.
It’s important to monitor your reviews regularly. If you notice recurring customer service issues or other complaints, you can rectify them to improve your customer experience.
Are Google reviews reliable?
As the number of products and services available online grows, it can be tricky to assess if something is worth purchasing or if better alternatives are available. People rely on user reviews to make these decisions, whether it’s for the latest Netflix TV series, a new release from Disney, a new pair of over-ear headphones, or a hotel in London.
How do I write a Google review step by step?
How to Write a Review on Google: Desktop & Mobile An easy-to-follow guide for leaving a review on Google using your Android, iPhone, iPad, or computer Did you just have the best steak of your life? Did you just experience the worst service at your local bar? Was the tour you just took informative and fun? Let the world know! You can review almost any service using Google Reviews.
- You can leave a review on Google using your computer or the Google Maps app on your phone or tablet.
- If you’re using a phone, open the place you want to review in Google Maps, then tap the star rating under “Reviews”.
- If you’re using your computer, click “Write a review” when you search for the place in Google Maps, then leave your review.
- 1 Search for the product you want to review using Google. Go to in a desktop web browser. Log in if you aren’t already logged in.
- Some general manufacturer names like “Flonase” won’t work, but specific product names, like “Flonase Sensimist” will. If you don’t know the name and brand of the product you want to write a review about, you shouldn’t write the review because you could end up writing a review for a similar, but not the same, product!
- This method works for reviewing movies, products, and places!
- 2 Click Write a review, You’ll see this in the panel on the far right side of the page under the “User reviews” header. Advertisement
- 3 Click the stars you would rate the product. The empty stars allow you to give an overall rating.
- 4 Create your review. You can adjust how many stars you want to give the place (out of 5) by clicking them, but you also have room to write an explanation for your star rating.
- Depending on the type of review, you may or may not see a Add Photos button.
- 5 Tap Post, It’s in the lower right corner of your screen and will publish your review.
- 1 Open the Google Maps app on your phone. If you don’t have the app, you can download and it for free on Android, iPhone, or iPad.
- 2 Search for the location that you want to review. If there are multiple locations, make sure you have the right one selected (look at the address and make sure it’s the one you want to review.).
- 3 Swipe up to see more details about that place. You can also tap the name or address instead.
- 4 Tap the Reviews tab. You’ll see the tab below the picture view of the place along with Overview, Directory, and Services,
- 5 Tap the stars you would rate the place. The empty stars allow you to give the place an overall rating.
- 6 Create your review. You can adjust how many stars you want to give the place (out of 5) by tapping them, but you also have room to write an explanation for your star rating.
- If you want to add photos or videos from your phone, tap Add photos & videos below the text box.
- 7 Tap Post, It’s in the upper right corner of your screen and will publish the post to that location’s Google search results.
- If you want to read your review, you’ll find it by opening Google Maps, then go to Contribute > View your profile,
- To delete a review in Google Maps, go to Contribute > View your profile > See all reviews > ⋮ (Android) or (iPhone/iPad) > Delete review,
- 1 Go to and log in. You can use any desktop web browser to do this!
- 2 Search for the location that you want to review. If there are multiple locations, make sure you have the right one selected (look at the address and make sure it’s the one you want to review).
- 3 Click Write a review, You’ll see this in the panel on the left side of the page. Scroll down to find it, then click it.
- 4 Click the stars you would rate the place. The empty stars allow you to give the place an overall rating.
- 5 Create your review. You can adjust how many stars you want to give the place (out of 5) by clicking them, but you also have room to write an explanation for your star rating.
- Click Add photos if there are pictures on your computer, in Google Drive, or in Google Photos that you’d like to include.
- 6 Tap Post, It’s in the lower right corner of the window and will publish the post to that location’s Google search results.
- If you want to read your review, you’ll find it by opening Google Maps on your computer, then going to ☰ > Your contributions > Reviews,
- To delete a review in Google Maps, go to ☰ > Your contributions > Reviews > ⋮ > Delete review,
- Question How should I reply to a good review? Image Consultant & Marketing Specialist Patricia Chukerman is an Image Consultant & Marketing Specialist and the Owner of Paperworks Image Consulting and Stoned on Rocks. With more than 36 years of experience, she specializes in helping companies decide how to market themselves. In addition to her work with businesses, she also has more than four years of acting experience and more than five years of crafting experience. Patricia earned her BA from The University of Illinois Chicago. Patricia is also the President of the Dania Beach Chamber of Commerce and the President of the Hollywood Florida Scholarship Foundation. If somebody gives me a great review, I will sit down and write them a thank you note telling them how much I appreciate their review and how much I appreciate them as a client.
- Question Can I review my own business? Yes.
- Question How do I post a review on Google without my name? Follow these steps if you’re using a browser: 1. Sign in to your google account 2. Click “Account Settings” 3. On the left side of the page click “Personal Info” 4. Click your name 5. Click the pencil to edit 6. Make your changes and click “Done”
Ask a Question Advertisement Written by: wikiHow Technology Writer This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer,, Darlene Antonelli is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. Darlene has experience teaching college courses, writing technology-related articles, and working hands-on in the technology field.
- Co-authors: 29
- Updated: May 19, 2023
- Views: 536,547
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 536,547 times. : How to Write a Review on Google: Desktop & Mobile